Sunday, July 17, 2011

Soldier wins All Star Dad Contest



Back in June I posted a request from Cpl Ian Spingle's wife Mandy who nominated her husband for the Dove Men+Care® All Star Dad Search contest. Thanks to my awesome group members and friends who voted every day I am very happy to announce that Cpl Spingle finished first all across Canada and has won a trip for him & his family to the 99th Grey Cup game in Vancouver.

In the past five years I have met a lot of soldiers and their families. I met Mandy through Facebook when her husband was about to go on his first deployment. We talked a lot during his deployment and became very close friends although we have never met in person. I also sent Ian some packages, with help from some group members, while he was on tour.

These soldiers and their families I have met have become like family to me and that being said Mandy contacted me today to let me know that her, Cpl Spingle and her father are going to the event and have one extra ticket. They have invited me to join them on an all expense paid trip to Vancouver to watch the 99th Grey Cup game with them.

When I had sent this out originally to my Facebook friends and group I had no idea that this would be happening and for them to include me in this family trip means more to me than a few words on any blog can express. Thank you so much to Cpl Ian Spingle and Mandy Spingle for this and THANK YOU to everyone who voted every day and helped Ian finish in first place out of thousands of entrants.

Even though the Dove Men+Care® contest is closed you can still visit their Facebook page and create your very own retro CFL player card.

























3 comments:

  1. Argos or Alouettes seem to be winning it all the time now :-} Go Eskies :-} congrats to the Spingles, and good show Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the Spingles ... it could not have gone to a more deserving Dad ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never fail to amaze me Dave.

    ReplyDelete