Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In Memory of Frank N. Boosamra




On April 7th, 2010 I lost a very good friend who I never met in person.  I had this posted on my old blog and wanted to re-share on here as I came across his "Joke" folder today and I thought of him.

April 7th, 2010
It is with a very heavy heart that I am typing this as yesterday I found out that one of the most amazing people I have had the pleasure of crossing paths with passed away.



Frank N Boosamra a retired member of the Canadian Forces after 32 years of service passed away on April 7th, 2010 and this write up is my tribute to him and for his family.

In April of 2007 I created a group in Support of The Canadian Forces and Frank was the 2nd or 3rd member of this group. I sent him a Face Book friend request and he volunteered to help out in anyway possible so I made him an administrator of the group. As the numbers grew and other ideas came along Frank was always there to offer support and help with anything I would create or come up with.

The first group I had started for sending coffee to troops had gotten some media attention and after the TV interview I had gotten a lot of supportive emails but my first negative email I had shared with Frank as I was upset about it. It had read something to the effect of “You should spend less time in Tim Horton’s eating donuts and hit a treadmill once in awhile”

Franks Response word for word “Dave, Our men and women serving and those veterans that gave their lives for us have given this moron the right to talk out of his ass, move along

I’ll never forget those words as long as I live and any time I do receive negative emails of any kind I think about what Frank said and will carry that with me for as long as I am involved in Support Our Troops efforts.

We then together came up with the idea of petitioning to Canada Post to issue a stamp honoring our war heroes. A little over a year later it came out with help from Frank and everyone who signed it.

Frank loved his humour and was one of the most sarcastic people I have ever met in my entire life, when you’re someone like me who appreciates sarcasm this goes a long way. That being said Frank would always take a dig when he could against my hockey team the Toronto Maple Leafs and here is one that made me laugh the hardest that he had sent me on November 1st, 2009.

I could count on some amazing jokes from him at least two to three times a week and I will certainly miss that.

Frank always spoke about his family and from reading all the comments on his Face Book page and memorial group its apparent how much he was truly loved and will be missed. I am a better person for having known Frank and will be forever grateful for all his help with my projects, humour and life in general. If Frank saw something in my status that had nothing to do with any of my groups or sites that he knew I was upset about he would be the first person to message me and ask if everything was ok, send his number and tell me his ears were always open.

You see, Frank & I never met in person and I have come across a lot of people in the last three years that i would call acquaintances but Frank you were a true friend, like a family member to me, and I will miss you. I know you’re in a better place right now making people laugh and your passing has only fuelled my desire to continue all the things that I do as part of my site and groups like never before.

I know if you could read this you would probably tell me to “Suck it up buttercup” as you said to me on one occasion but this has probably been the hardest blog I’ve had to write.

Thank You for your service to our great country, and may you Rest In Peace

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dave for sharing this Blog with us about your Friend Frank Boosamra. May Mr. Frank Boosamra Rest In Peace!

    ReplyDelete