Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why I respect the Boston Bruins & Bobby Orr


I am going to tell you a very special story but out of respect for the family I am not going to be posting names but I did get the ok to tell this.

A few years ago a Canadian soldier had been killed while serving his country in Afghanistan and he was a very proud Boston Bruins fan and made this very well known to those he knew and even had photos taken with a Bruins flag while on tour in Afghanistan. He left behind a fiancée and very young daughter.

A few months after he had passed she received in the mail a large parcel from the Boston Bruins, in this package was a signed jersey from the entire team and tickets for a game in Boston. The soldiers favorite player of all time was Bobby Orr and the last thing that she pulled out of the parcel was a game worn signed Bobby Orr jersey with a note to her daughter that read.

"I was your dad's hero, but he is mine" - Bobby Orr



8 comments:

  1. I am most definitely not a Bruins fan. However, respect is due to class wherever it is and you have to give this bunch their respect. Bobby Orr was always a class act, and it shows in those who follow him in the Bruins uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class Act to say the least ... very touching story Dave ... thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story brought tears to my eyes. I think what you are doing is great and thanks for letting me be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this was a class act at it's finest. Ditto to all the posts before mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Class team and class act, and Bobby Orr always was and always will be a class act.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we were leaf fans, but Boston was second on the list for me, and Bobby Orr was the reason behind it. He was and still is a class act

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobby thank you for your kind act and to all of our service men and women we love and respect you I am very sorry for your family's loss. God bless our fallen heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobby thank you for your kind act and to all of our service men and women we love and respect you I am very sorry for your family's loss. God bless our fallen heroes.

    ReplyDelete