Friday, November 11, 2011

These graceful, weathered hands that fought


This picture is so simple yet speaks volumes to me.

These graceful, weathered hands that fought so valiantly for all the rights and freedoms that we enjoy today may have had to take a life, they may have carried an injured soldier.... and they likely also gently held their wife's hand, rocked their babies to sleep, and tickled many grandchildren.

Now they clutch a cane. I can't see your face. I don't know who you are. I don't know your story and can only imagine all that you have seen, done & survived. Yet, I feel overwhelming gratitude and respect for you and all that you stand for.

Thank you to the Peacekeepers who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Thank you to the Peacekeepers who came home unquestionably changed and continued to contribute to our world.
Thank you to the Peacekeepers that courageously continue to risk it all so that we may all continue to thrive in the greatest country in the world. The True North, Strong & Free. THANK YOU. I will never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment